Funny Garage Sale Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
I was at a chruch "garage-sale", while out garage-saleing like I always do on Saturdays, and noone will guess what I found:

-ABIT SE6 motheboard (P3)
-P3 800Mhz, fairly nice fan

I'll give someone a prize if they can guess how much...

Oh what the heck, I got it for 50 CENTS.

wtfcat.jpg

WeeHee

(1.) - I love dumb people!

Unfortunatly the motherboard had been slightly rained on, but i got home and put the air compressor to it, and let it thoroughly dry out and it all works great now.

(Side note - OCed it to 960Mhz... The SE6 fsb mod jumps from 120-125 and 120 is the max I can boot with...)

Mwhahaha CS Lan party server here we come!

(2.) - I love garage sales!

nice one lol. cant argue with that price ;) still means buyin new case and gpu and stuff though? if uve got teh bits lying around uve really scored lol

Yeah i got some old stuff sitting around... Radeon 7k... buncha pc133... too bad it has 3 slots but can only take 512 megs of memory... my old P2 266 and mobo can take at least 768, if not a gig.

To answer FireFox: I've probably went to 1,000 garage sales in my entire life (literally) and good deals dont come along that often, but when they do, they come with a bang. ive gotten my current case for 8 bucks (nice aluminum, kinda spiffy looking, acrylic side), an incomplete Dell XPS t650r (650Mhz P3... Slot 1 haha) for 2 dollars, a 35 dollar Intellimouse Pro for a quarter, Lite-On 24x burner for 7.50... the list goes on and on. nearly a fourth of my computer is from a garage sale or bought really cheap from a friend (i got my 30gig seagate from a friend - claimed it was "broken" - doesnt like FAT32 for some odd reason... NTFS works great tho... it was free...) many-a-printer for less than 5 bucks...

best deal was for 15 bucks i got a box full of SDRAM (like 50 pieces) and sold 80% of it on ebay to some guy for... 480 bucks. (it was about 3/4 128 meg and the other 1/4 was mixed 256 and 64 or less)
I still use some of it today (it had a lot of old Micron goodies)

too bad i had to put all the money in for a future car...

wow i need to stop.

now i sit back as everyone gets pissed because I get kool stuff for pocket change nearly every month. I guess Wichita, Kansas is not so bad after all.

wanna hear a good deal?

asus mobo p4s-la......free
64mb nvidia card.......$5
512mb pc133 mem....$3 (used in another computer)
Dell black 17" mon.....free (broke down after 3 months though)
Dell black kybd & mouse...$8
Altec Lansing 80w spkrs...$40 (regularly $100)

I still use the speakers, mobo and kbd/mouse but upgraded everthing else. Sure was a good starter kit, huh? My system runs great!!

eehhmmmm......have spent about $600 in upgrades and periphials though in the last 60 days.....memory, vid card, monitor, dig camera, sound card, PSU, CPU, case, cooling, LED's, games, burner, UPS, fans....

oh well, what can I say I'm a compulsive spender.....but the it all runs tits (oops, sorry if that was offensive:D ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom