Full ATX??? (NF7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Ok ok, is my NF7 considered a Full ATX motherboard?

I was looking at the Antec Super Lanboy and it says up to 'ATX' and people say the fulls don't really fit well. Will my NF7 fit in there? I was looking into one... but wasn't sure if it would work...

Anyone know?

how many PCI slots are in it?

a full ATX motherboard is one with about 5-6 PCI slots and 1 AGP slot making a total of 6-7 slots

*edit* I just had a look, the super lanboy has 7 expansion slots, so any full ATX motherboard should fit

I put the nf7-s in the superlanboy, barely fits, be careful! Watch out for the back fan! Must install cpu first.

A simple way to find out is to take down the measurements of the board (the specs should tell you the dimensions in mm) and then find a mini-ATX board and compare.

Still, if you go to the manuf. website, they should say whether it's ATX or baby-ATX.

I'm pretty sure it'll just be a snug fit like mine. My hard drives are over the right edge of the motherboard preventing me from ever just pulling the motherboard straight up and out.

That's why I'm buying a new case...Then Lian-Li seems really tempting with it's removable motherboard tray, but their lack of fans is dissappointing

Oh you've got to see this silverstone I found. I was looking for other nice, clean-looking cases (no aliens or robots or other flamboiant plastic crap) and It appeared. You must get! I KNOW I will once I get the money.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-163-018&depa=0

Its really really nice! Its got places for a 120 in the front, two 80s in the back, an 80 on the side (for the cards, on a swinging arm) and even place for an 80 (exhaust) on the non-windowed panel (top corner) and one for side-blowing on the HDs... grills for both. You just gotta see it.

Its such a great looking case and the cooling is just *****in.

I'm not sure if it comes with the fans, but thats only a minor set-back. Oh, and no PSU, but you've got a nice one already, right?

That case is ameezingly gay looking. Anyways my NF7-S barely fits my case as well, I have to slide it sideways and then up to lift it out.

Yeah, its not quite as clean as I would like a case to look... but its much better than something ghey with a huge molded plastic demon or alien or crap like that on the front.

meh...I think that case looks decent. Not the best I've ever seen, but definitely not the worst. Like you said alec...could be worse with a lame plastic mold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom