Fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
hey guys, I performed a search and could not find this topic so here it is.

On my motherboard (a8n-e) it says it has a 1000 MHz FSB with 2000 MT/s, now I took this to mean my FSB with HT was 2000 and it was 1000 normally, but I have gotten some strange readings off of EVEREST. Here is the screenie:

Screenie200.jpg

Now, could someone explain to me exactly what this screen means? does the FSB not run as fast as it is rated on most motherboards?

Thanks guys.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131530

This is my Mobo btw.

Clock speed is clock speed...what you're referring to is effective FSB. AMD double-pumps (on socket A systems), Intel quad pumps...so if the actual setting is 200MHz, on an AMD socket A system it would effectively be 400MHz FSB, on an Intel system, it would effectively be 800MHz FSB.

Athlon 64 systems don't have a FSB as we know it. If you look at the A64 charts at AMD.com, there is no FSB listed, just "operating frequency. The A64 uses HyperTransport technology

HyperTransport technology is a high performance, easy-to-implement system interconnect technology originally invented by AMD. It is designed to increase overall system performance by removing I/O bottlenecks, increasing bandwidth and reducing latency. HyperTransport technology implemented in the AMD Athlon 64 FX processor enables a system bus to run at 1600MHz

Okay then, so basically there is no FSB with my processor, it just runs at the speed listed, 2000 Mhz with a rough estimated FSB of 1600 MHz?

there is a FSB for every processor the processor connects to the northbridge which in turn connects to the ram therefore if you double pump you can obtain higer clock speeds. google it and read up on frontside buses its hard to explain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom