Fsb - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Geek Squad

Default Fsb

hey guys, I performed a search and could not find this topic so here it is.

On my motherboard (a8n-e) it says it has a 1000 MHz FSB with 2000 MT/s, now I took this to mean my FSB with HT was 2000 and it was 1000 normally, but I have gotten some strange readings off of EVEREST. Here is the screenie:

Now, could someone explain to me exactly what this screen means? does the FSB not run as fast as it is rated on most motherboards?

Thanks guys.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131530

This is my Mobo btw.

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Old 08-16-2006, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes

Clock speed is clock speed...what you're referring to is effective FSB. AMD double-pumps (on socket A systems), Intel quad pumps...so if the actual setting is 200MHz, on an AMD socket A system it would effectively be 400MHz FSB, on an Intel system, it would effectively be 800MHz FSB.

Athlon 64 systems don't have a FSB as we know it. If you look at the A64 charts at AMD.com, there is no FSB listed, just "operating frequency. The A64 uses HyperTransport technology

HyperTransport technology is a high performance, easy-to-implement system interconnect technology originally invented by AMD. It is designed to increase overall system performance by removing I/O bottlenecks, increasing bandwidth and reducing latency. HyperTransport technology implemented in the AMD Athlon 64 FX processor enables a system bus to run at 1600MHz

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Old 08-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Geek Squad

Okay then, so basically there is no FSB with my processor, it just runs at the speed listed, 2000 Mhz with a rough estimated FSB of 1600 MHz?

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to jcortes

there is a FSB for every processor the processor connects to the northbridge which in turn connects to the ram therefore if you double pump you can obtain higer clock speeds. google it and read up on frontside buses its hard to explain

AIM = jcortestechhelp
Closed Thread