Fry's Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, it's okay...get better deals from newegg though. they do have a good store return policy. no restocking fee. like i said, it's okay.

I like frys myself. They have like everything. I would rather buy from newegg. But frys is like 10 mins away so its nice. I have done some business with them and had badluck with the parts i bought. So i just returned everything no questions asked. And when i had returned a video card before because it didnt work i told them it didnt so they put a discount label on it and put it back on the shelf. THat was nice! They have good deals in their add all the time so go in and look at their add or if you get on your newspaper. Like right now they might still have the sharp 17" monitor for only 350 bucks. Super cheap. 15" for like 250 i think. And most likely if you buy a lot of stuff you will get most of it free because the person working at the counter is not most intelligent generally. I ended up not paying for my case and dvd burner. Also you have to check and make sure the box your getting is unopened!

i buy from Fry's ALL the time. got my 17" monitor from them for 129, vid card for 99, ups for 50, fans and heatsink, neon lights, my blank cd's ($12 for a hundred!!). Yes their return policy is good, but you only get a full cash refund back if its returned within 15 days otherwise its store credit. They do have a lot of refurbished and marked down returned items. I always stay away from the returned stuff and keep an eye on whats being returned in the return line when i go in so i don't buy the same mistake.
The crappy thing the other day was there was such a long line to check out that i waited an hour and a 1/2 before my friend pulled me out of line cuz he got us a register but only cuz he has a friend who works there.
Yeah...I have spent way too much at fry's in the last 60 days....its a store that you can spend not only a lot of money in but time as well. I don't think i've ever spent less than an hour browsing and less than $50 afterward....sort of an addiction.

fry's electronic is da best! i go there almost every weekend. and it is so EZ to return stuff. i also like how the fry's near me has this thing where if you buy something for example $30, and you look in another store ad (for example compusa or best buy) and they have it for $25, you can go back to fry's and get those $5 store credit, even though it's only $5, still money. :D

i just went there last week to get my vid card its JAM PACKED full of people and itslike 2x bigger n best buy

I'm going to build a computer sometime early in the fall and I'm going to the Dallas Fry's. I buying from there because their video card prices on the X800Pro are way better than newegg's and and i know most of the components I'm getting so with the difference in the video card's price and that I won't have to pay for shipping, Fry's will cost me less than newegg.:cool:

Make sure you think about the tax when you're purchasing from FRYs. Tax here is about 8.5%. Thats $42.50 on a low-budget $500 computer.

If you buy from newegg, it's delivered to your front door and you don't have to pay sales tax. :)

We got a Fry's right down the street from me. I shop there all the time. They have specials alot with some pretty good deals but then again everything is getting cheaper in regards to PC Hardware & Software. Buying On-Line got to be a hastle especially if ya gotta return something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom