front panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
i was wondering what is a generic config for the front panel on old AT pentium 1's. I need to plug in HDD led, power LED, turbo LED, restart button etc. Also what is turbo, i only seem to see it in old AT pentium 1's?

I'm not sure what the pin config is, but I can explain the turbo.

The turbo button was like an optional overclocking button. If you wanted a few extra Mhz out of your system, you'd press the turbo button. This would then up the voltage to the cpu giving you a bit more processing power. :p

I miss the turbo button!

bla!! said:
The turbo button was like an optional overclocking button. If you wanted a few extra Mhz out of your system, you'd press the turbo button. This would then up the voltage to the cpu giving you a bit more processing power. :p

Not true bla. Turbo makes your system run at normal speed and when it is switched off it makes your system run slower for backwards compatibility. The early programs written by programmers were intended to run on machines of a certain speed. When those softwares & games ran on faster machines they broke. So the turbo button is like winXP's compatibility mode feature. Today they use algorithms to detect a machine's speed. Turbo no longer has any purpose in modern computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom