front firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedz

Beta member
I just recently got a front panel that includes a usb socket, a firewire socket, lineout and microphone in, and 4 different types of card reader. I've managed to get it all working except the firewire socket. I need to somehow get it connected. I have a PCI firewire card with and internal firewire socket(6pin). The cables that are attached to the front panel for the firewire has all the connections seperate (it has the ground wire, TPA+,TPA- etc.) so how can i connect these seperate wires to the firewire socket on the firewire card? I thought about getting an old faulty firewire cable and cutting the end off so that i could plug the plug into the firewire card and then seperate thewires on the inside of the cable and connect them up. Is there an easier solution?

Hope that made sense.

firewire is just a type of high speed connection not unlike usb. It is used to download digital video from a dv camera because digital video requires a lot of data to be downloaded. firewire also goes by the name i-link and IEEE1394.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom