Friends computer won't start up (help plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca Ecca

Solid State Member
Here is the message we get when we try to start the computer up:
When we try to start windows the hp logo starts it gets to where windows xp starts to load and then it comes to a blue screen that says
"UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME"

followed by the message...

if this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps.
check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed .
if this is a new instalation ask your hardware or software manafacturer

if problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components
restart your computer
press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode

at the bottom of the message there is a spot that says TECHNICAL INFORMATION

here it is

TECHNICAL INFORMATION *** Stop: 0x000000ED (0x80E93A0, 0x00000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

and this is the startup problem any information on how to fix it and or whats wrong with it would be greatly aprreciated thanks

<3 ecca

Does it actually say 0xc00000032? Few things to try. Clear NVRAM, or reset the bios to a default and save its changes, just load failsafe in the bios. You may also want to run fixboot (boot to recovery console)

actually, depends. if its faulty hardware or if its just corrupt system. could also be that CMOS is not matching up with what the BIOS info has (I highly doubt that though, because it shouldn't really get past the bios).

THe computer was given to my friend by his grandfather. I think we might try re-format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom