Friend needs a laptop. Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
My friend is looking for a laptop to buy and wanted to know which way to go. I told him Dell isn't necessarily the best and that there were better places out there but i don't really know any. He's got a $1000 budget so no super laptops or anything

he should probably wait for one of those big dell coupons and get a dell (their laptops aren't bad)

diabloII said:
he should probably wait for one of those big dell coupons and get a dell (their laptops aren't bad)

A Dell would proabably be your best bet. I don't normally recommend Dells, but I can't name one prominent company that sells custom built laptops. I've also heard that, though bulky, HP laptops are a good choice.

-Dan The Man

IBM is still the best built laptopby far in my opinion.Titanium composite case&state of the art technology.Dell,Hp and such are ok I guess.But people who Depend on their laptop choose IBM.
Check out www.thinkpads.com these Guys are not affiliated with IBM they just love thinkpads.I personally have bought 5; not that any have Disappointed me.I just keep trading up to a newer one each time.
Dells customer service really sucked the last time I had to deal with them.

ibm=best build quality/solid laptops, but i don't think it'll ever fit into a $1000 budget

Check out this thread before buying Toshiba:

Beware Toshiba Laptops

Rudolf_Hoss

Virgin Techie

QUIZ Score: Coming Soon!

Beware Toshiba Laptops

I bought my son an M30 Toshiba Satellite laptop 11 months ago
He came to visit mefrom University and started work on his essays
He had just finished when thehard drive started to sound like a coffee grinder
Then it just quit
Well Toshiba "service" department toldme that the drive will be in in a day. then they started lying
After a week, I found out that it was "back - ordered"
I had to give my son his machine in working order
i had to go to a jobber who got a drive"from a different source" in 1 day
Cost $ 500 for something that was supposed to be warranty
I then was told to look at their website and found a list of machines woth defective drives
No wonder the drives are not in stock
They cannot keep up with the failing machines
If you buy a Toshiba laptop remember my experience
There willbe no warranty, but lots of lies from their service department(after they ask you all your biographical data , at each contact, of course..)

posted: 03-08-2005 at 03:03 PM

It goes on after that too! this thread can be found in this category. Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom