Fried Motherboard - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to coreyjames66
Default Follow Up

I hooked it back up. There are no beeps at all. There appears to be a speaker though. Both fans work, the light on the MOBO is working, the DVD drive boots but there is no light from the hdd. It sounds like it spins up but the light never comes on.

The memory is what came with the computer and I don't think that it had ever been put into a pci slot. He did however put the the memory that he HAD put in the pci slot, into the memory slot next to the stock memory AFTER installing it to PCI. (I hope this makes sense). I don't know if that could mess anything up.......

That memory is long gone now though. He took it back to the store claiming it was defective!:amazed:
Any wonder why we have to pay so much for parts?

Anyways the long and the short of it beeps, no video and seemingly no hdd, though I tested that (hdd) in another computer and it worked fine.

I really appreciate your helping me. The cheaper I can fix this, the better!

We decide which is right and which is an illusion
Closed Thread