Freezing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Very helpful comment there, digital.

Not everyone can afford to take a baseball bat to a new machine. No matter how tempting.

I will again say check those power supplies. I reckon that is where the problem is. If it's a brand new machine still under guarantee, send it back with a note saying there is a possible component power supply conflict resulting in the machine hanging, and they should check that first.

Replacement of the mobo on a new machine is pedominantly unnecessary.

So is there a way to actually check the power supply without breaking the warranty? BTW, the problem hasn't come up in a while. We shut it down when we remember, but the few times that we don't remember...it comes back just fine. We do not let the computer/monitor go into standby (we leave the XP screensaver of pictures in a directory running).

how many icons do you have next to your time? It may not be a hardware issue at all. It might be arriving from some newly added software. I would begin there, and then work your way to the hardward. Many times techs automatically assume that it arrives from the hardware on your PC, but most of the time it is the software that is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom