Freezing/lan/usb problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterkremekorn

Solid State Member
I am new to these forums because I wasn't getting any good answers from my old ones I was a part of. Here is my problem - I have been having this problem for at least 5 months now, and I have no idea what it is. What happens is, my computer either freezes, or the lan and usb goes out and THEN my computer freezes. I seems to happen anytime when I am idle or there is load. It is random.
Here is what I have done:

Unplug all case fans, took side off or computer, and restored bios to optimized settings

Use 3 PSUs, now I have an antec 550watt true

rebuilt PC completely

Reformat countless times and use newest drivers

Here are my specs:

DFI Lanparty NFII rev. A
AMD AthlonXP 2500+ (running at 40-50 C)
Crucial 512 ddr 3200
Antec 550watt psu
6 fans
Coolermaster aero7+
WD HD 40 gig 7200 rpm
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128
audigy2 zs gamer
Lite-on cd-rw 52x

I am about to go insane! So please help me! Thx!

Is this WinME?
Checked for bad sectors?
Checked for Viruses on all partitions?
Check Temperature (at idle)
Try differnet RAM?

By running check disk and checking "Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors"

You could use scandisk from a floppy in DOS if your drive(s) are in FAT

- Right click a hard drive/partition in my computer
- Go to properties
- Got to Tools tab
- Press "Chek now"
- Check the 2 boxes and press start.

If it asks you to shedule the task after the next restart, agree to it and restart.

bah, it ran for like a split second and said it was done, im sure there prolly wasnt anything that it fixed

EDIT: I restarted again and it ran, but it didn't find any problems, and my computer still screws up. ANY more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

may ur mother board is getting grounded don't keep any case below the mobo while screwing it or don't screw it tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom