freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
well would playing games make it hotter than a stress test? because it only freezes when i game.

Depends how long your playing the game for and how long you ran the test for you can loop it I believe. Gpu's chuck out one **** of a lot of heat and this can build up over time even with the best cooler.

did he check the ram sticks yet?

ive seen this problem first hand where the ram gets too hot and causes bluescreen / shutdown.

how can i check the ram sticks and it just happened again while playing wacraft 3: frozen throne i had it on for about 2-3 hours

how can i check the ram sticks and it just happened again while playing wacraft 3: frozen throne i had it on for about 2-3 hours

this guy answered that question about your sticks

I'd also check your ram, if that was overheating it'd cause your computer to crash too. Heck, you can test it by just touching one of the sticks. BUT MAKE SURE you ground yourself first, i.e touch any exposed metal part of the pc chassis before touching the ram.

If it's running very hot, you may want to consider installing a fan for them, OR if you have them overclocked definitely put stock speeds back.

it very well could be your gpu overheating if it only happens during gaming.

how well is your case "cooled"
do you know the brand/model # for it
if not, describe the cooling options you have on/in it.

ok i do not know the brand or model of my case but i have i think 3 fans in it not including the cheap ones on the hard drive

i have 1 fan in the back 2 on the hard drive 1 on the proseser and one the side that u take off the case and built in on the gphx card

ok i do not know the brand or model of my case but i have i think 3 fans in it not including the cheap ones on the hard drive

where and what size are these fans, in what direction to the blow

its idea for one fan on the back panel 80-120mm being used as an exhaust
also ideal for one or more on the front panel 80-120mm being used as intake

some prefer fan(s) on the top side panel
and some prefer fan(s) on the left side panel (blowing @ gpu and or cpu or viceversa)

keep in mind that not all fans (even the same sized fans) blow the same amount of airflow, usually the cheaper the fan, the lower the airflow, but thats not allways true, just usually.

airflow measured in cfm, a decent 120mm fan should blow 40cfm or better.
60+cfm is ideal imo

edit: in what direction is your psu blowing the heat, i hope you say out the back of the case ;)

i have 1 fan in the back 2 on the hard drive 1 on the proseser and one the side that u take off the case and built in on the gphx card

sounds like you have 2 case fans,
make sure the one on the back panel is blowing out of the case.
in what direction is the fan on the side panel blowing. also at about where is it positioned on the side, just a random spot or near the video card or the cpu.

ok the fan on the back blows out and is 120mm and the one on the side is 80 mm but while opening my case i discovered that the smaller fan isnt even plugged in! I called my brother over because he built it. and he says that there is no spot to plug it in and we will need to go to radio shack to buy a converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom