Freeze........Crash!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theobacchus

Beta member
Well, the problem start off with my computer freezing like clockwork every 2 hours or so. To the point where the power source was unresponsive and i had to physically pull the plug on it to turn it off. This repeated for a couple days until just recently where once i turned on my computer i was barraged by error msgs stating that:
lsass,exe, explorer.exe, mci command handling window:winlogin.exe, svchost.exe, services.exe all had aplication errors that ... refrenced memory at ... and could not be written. Then my hard drives shutoff and the blue screen pops up : Fatal system error winlogin process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005. WTF!!!! This happens everytime about 60 seconds after windows boots up. I have two hard drives so im really tempted to just reinstall windows on the other one and just reformat the ****ed up one. But i have a lot of things i dont want to lose so hopefully there is something around that. During the freezes i scanned my computer with a couple different spyware and antivirus programs as well as every utility i could find to straighten it out. Well, i really need some help on this one cause im clueless. :angry: :eek: :mad: :(

First off, it sounds like your initial problem was something with the power supply, or something wasn't getting enough juice to it.

Over time, you may have corrupted Windows and you might have to reformat.

Perhaps you should have posted here when it was still freezing but BEFORE the crash.

EDIT: But don't reformat yet. Wait and see what other people think too, and even then, check around a bit more to make sure. Especially if you've got stuff that you don't want to lose.

If you have a second harddrive, install windows on it. Change BIOS to boot from that hard drive. Run the PC for a good 24-48 hours. If you are running windows fine off the second harddrive then you know windows was corrupt on the first. Then back up all of your files and folders from the first HDD to the Second HDD and reformat the first one. Then if you wanted to you could switch them SATA/IDE and change BIOS accordingly.

If you do this and you still have these same problems, there are several other things we could have you try.

Also for future reference, if you have a problem, please list the specs of your PC, it's much easier to help with that information.

Ok, i will try that. How would windows become corrupt like that, i had been running it for a little over a year without problems, well windows without problems is dream, but nothing serious. Im just curious to know how it happened so i might prevent it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom