Free To Air Dish Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonzNumber1

Baseband Member
I may not be posting in the right spot but it is more of a computer thing than a dish thing and I didn't see a spot to post about Satellite systems anyway

on a second note i'd also like to note that this is NOT against the Terms of the Fourms as it is a Free To Air System and not DTV or something to that affect

I'd like to know what i can and can't use to get a system like this working i know that a stranded Dish reviver is not needed at all as all the work is done by your computer...

but i would like to know if you can use any dish ( i ask cause there was one left on my house when i bought it...) and if you can only use some what ones?

as for the computer i know you need to get a pci card that interpenetrates the sat signal and runs it through a program and then spits out tv (yes i know there is more to it than that) i want to know if anyone has any recommendations of what kind of card is best i'd like one with a remote and one that can allow DVR capability's

any help/advice would be greatly apereciated

Any generic linear LNB will do the trick to pick up FTA signals (as far as I know) - AMC's, Galaxy's, etc
Most receivers (Viewsat, Coolsat, etc) you can specify what LNB you have so it's just really a matter of setting it correctly - though I have never used a PC to run FTA.
Pending what you are doing, you might need a DiSEqC switch too.

Your best bet would be to find a FTA forum as it's a simple search away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom