Fraps

How bad are you addict to your computer?

• My life is consumed by my computer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My life is almost consumed by a computer (I have to eat and poop)

• A computer have a good impact on my life.

• I use the computer for recreational use

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have Fraps installed?

Like many of you (?) know Fraps is a program that shows the live framerate during 3d apps, like games (and some movies as well). I've had it for years (starts with windows) and I couldn't live with out it. It's like a speedo-meter in a car. Especially it's useful when I get a new game and configure the graphics settings.

Also with fraps you can capture screenshots any time during a game and also capture videos.

If you don't have it and you're a gamer, get it now.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Whenever i try to get a bargain, it cuts a few bits off the end of the file, making it unreadable

I have had and used Fraps. The thing I don't like about it is how choppy a game gets when I record live video. Whats the point in making a video of cool gameplay when the drop in FPS makes the game almost unplayable...?

Also, my Fraps folder was sitting about 3.2 GiGs when I look at it in Add/Remove programs, but only 1.2 GiGs when I look at the folder properties....makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

So, it has been uninstalled.

I stopped stressing over how many FPS I get in a game anyway. If it's playable, I just play it.

eipeks said:
The thing I don't like about it is how choppy a game gets when I record live video. Whats the point in making a video of cool gameplay when the drop in FPS makes the game almost unplayable...?

yes, it's a hard job for the whole system, especially for the hd. maybe in the future with sata II+ and more powerful systems in general it'll be better... also remember to lower your resolution to 640x480.

now i'm so used to fraps, that when in any game i come to a cool place or situation i just take a screenshot, it's like im having a camera with me all the times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom