Fraps - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: How bad are you addict to your computer?
My life is consumed by my computer 2 10.53%
My life is almost consumed by a computer (I have to eat and poop) 7 36.84%
A computer have a good impact on my life. 9 47.37%
I use the computer for recreational use 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Location: A system that rotates chaotically while simulations indicate irregular and unconventional behaviour.
Exclamation Fraps

Do you have Fraps installed?

Like many of you (?) know Fraps is a program that shows the live framerate during 3d apps, like games (and some movies as well). I've had it for years (starts with windows) and I couldn't live with out it. It's like a speedo-meter in a car. Especially it's useful when I get a new game and configure the graphics settings.

Also with fraps you can capture screenshots any time during a game and also capture videos.

If you don't have it and you're a gamer, get it now.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Old 06-23-2005, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Location: A system that rotates chaotically while simulations indicate irregular and unconventional behaviour.

hmm, maybe i should have posted this in a software section. but on the other hand it's pretty hardware related, as it shows the system's 3d performance.

Old 06-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

I downloaded the full version, so i dont get www.fraps.com appearing in all my videos
Leadtek 6600GT @ 575/1103
Lite-On DVD/RW
480 Watt Antec NeoPower
17\" LG TFT
Old 06-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

very clever of you. did you get a nice bargain? luckily i don't need to capture videos, so i don't need the full version. although i take some screenshots from time to time and have to batch them into jpg format, but's that's reall not a big deal.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Whenever i try to get a bargain, it cuts a few bits off the end of the file, making it unreadable
Old 06-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

I have had and used Fraps. The thing I don't like about it is how choppy a game gets when I record live video. Whats the point in making a video of cool gameplay when the drop in FPS makes the game almost unplayable...?

Also, my Fraps folder was sitting about 3.2 GiGs when I look at it in Add/Remove programs, but only 1.2 GiGs when I look at the folder properties....makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

So, it has been uninstalled.

I stopped stressing over how many FPS I get in a game anyway. If it's playable, I just play it.

Old 06-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I can't get it to record videos.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by eipeks
The thing I don't like about it is how choppy a game gets when I record live video. Whats the point in making a video of cool gameplay when the drop in FPS makes the game almost unplayable...?
yes, it's a hard job for the whole system, especially for the hd. maybe in the future with sata II+ and more powerful systems in general it'll be better... also remember to lower your resolution to 640x480.

now i'm so used to fraps, that when in any game i come to a cool place or situation i just take a screenshot, it's like im having a camera with me all the times

Closed Thread