Frames Per Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I have had my system up and running for about a week now, and I have been playing games like Battlefield Vietnam, and Farcry in the highest settings. I know that people determine how well their system is running a game by seeing how many Frames Per Second picture is running at. So my question is, how do I tell how many FPS the game is running at, and how high does the the number need to be to make it worth playing in those settings? I have never really played Farcry before so I don't know what slowdown is to be expected. So I really don't have a base on whats fast and whats slow for that particular game.

do a search for a prog called fraps. it will give you a readout of how many fps you have.

fraps will do the job. What u looking for is a smooth image at 40+ fps. U can have a sloppy, choppy image at 40, if u have bad ram. But yea, there u go

i wouldnt use a extra prog to determen FPS.

every game has a built in FPS counter, just google for (game name _____ commands) or (game name ____ FPS command)/(console commands)

besides, using an extra prog prolly wont give u as acurate a reading, the prog itself will use up using some of the resourcess dedicated to run the game as fast as it can.
-------------------------------------------------------------
some of it is personal preference, but i wouldnt settle for anything unless its around 60FPS or higher.

unless of course your playing a very intensive game on a system that cant handle it.

I ran the FRAPS program on Farcry, and I got an average of 40-50 FPS with everything maxed out, including the Anti Aliasing. I was hoping to get into the 60's or higher, but what I got is still very nice. I must admit I did not really notice any slow down, and the image looks great. I hope in the future to use eVGA's step-up program to get myself a 6800GT, or an Ultra, but ill have to see how money goes :) The true test will come when I can finally get my hands on Doom3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom