fps problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubasan

Beta member
I have an amd 64 3200 with a new pci express radeon x700 pro im gettin some drops in fps when playing counter strike source and low fps in joint operations. I was wondering if i may need new ram. im running pc3200 @ 400 mhz but the manufacturer is hyundai. I'm wondering if i upgraded to a gig of corsair if it would help any.

well unless your RAM is giving you errors another manufacturer wouldn't really give you more FPS unless you got tighter timed RAM but even then you wouldn't see a drastic change if at all noticeable.

1gb of RAM will definitely smooth out any game though

Try dropping the settings a bit, e.g. don't have AA and AF too high.

Do you have 1gb of Hyundai ram? If you do I think that it is a waste of money getting Corsair ram, unless you plan to overclock alot. I didn't get a smooth fps when I had 512mb of ram.

im currently running all my settings on low with no AA AF and running it at 1024x768. Im only using 512 Ram right now...
Im just wondering if it may be the video card..

im using 5.4 drivers right now..my fps just drops on explosions and intense firefights in source. My average fps is usually around 60-100 and I have vsync off. Wonderin if the extra ram would actually smooth things out.

Weird... I run Source on an AMD 2800+ with a stick of 512 and a Radeon 7500 and I get an average of 110-120 FPS on Med. settings... (RAM is a brand called Platinum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom