Foxconn is now making Asus AMD motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ-CHRIS

Golden Master
Okay, so this is not 100% confirmed yet, but all recent Asus AMD based (K8) motherboards have the label FOXCONN on three of the headers.

If you search for any K8 Asus Mobo you can see Foxconn on the Audio header, paralell header and their is another hidden Foxconn thing under a label. So check out the K8V, A8V, A8V-E, A8N-SLI Deluxe ect and find this.

Here is a picture from my (dead) Asus mobo
http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/6316/foxconn6mp.jpg

Just looked this up and the only thing I found was one other small report of an Asus board with Foxconn written on the USB headers

Now I'm not saying this claim is true or not...however I will look into this and see what I can dig up. I have to tell you not to "confirm" that Foxconn is making Asus boards based on such scattered evidence though

I must admit it would certainly explain a lot though...

i saw the foxconn label on the isa and pci ports of an old "intel" mobo if this is true foxconn has been doing this for a while.I always wondered why it said that too

Hmmm. Interesting. Although this might look kinda bad, it doesn't mean that Foxconn makes everything on the mobo. It might mean that they manufacture some of the components and sell them to ASUS. It might be something like how I had a Plymouth Horizon with a Mitsubishi engine.

I am doing further research and going to send Foxconn an email.

Their seems to be two divisions, one for products and one for parts.

i wouldn't go so far as to say foxconn is making asus boards... more like supplying various connectors for them. besides, you guys act like it's a bad thing.... foxconn has been making some darn good stuff lately, and they're making alot of their boards with WinFast boards, so they're pretty good (Leadtek and WinFast are pretty much the same company...same agent, same parts, same assembly place).... i think foxconn's going to become alot bigger sometime soon.

-edit-

here is a good way to browse parts they make http://www.foxconn.com/products/computer.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom