formatting my old hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
i have an old seagate 40gb ide hdd which i want to format so i can run itunes on it. it originally had linux on it therefore i canot format via windows

i have tried using gparted but didnt hav any luck, i downloaded the live cd version and burned it onto a cd-r but when i put it into my drive to boot from it i got a message saying "unable to load operating system" any suggestions

could someone tell me if there are any other programs i can download for FREE which i could use to format my hdd

You can put it as a slave on another system, running windows, and format the hard drive from there.

sorry my friend to me how to make gparted work, i was burning it buy right clicking on the file and pressing send to dvdrw drive, he said you need an iso burner

i just downlaoded iso magic but it was a trial and dosnt make bootable disks any one know a good one????

What I usually do is take out ALL the HDD's, and put in ONLY the one that needs formatting, and run G-Disk on it.. (utility that I got from work)... does a complete wipe of the drive, DOD spec...

Before that, I would pop the drive in a PC, and FDISK the drive to delete the partition, then make a new partition(s)...

ok ive run gparted on the hdd that i wanted formatted, i formatted it to ntfs but when i plug it in and use it at the same time has my SATA hdd i get a message saying system boot faulure insert system disk and press enter

the thing is it funs fine when i just have my primary SATA hdd plugged in

dnt worry guys i found a small thing called jumpers yey now i can put my games and itunes onto it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom