Formatting hard drive!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardy89

In Runtime
How can i format the hard drive withour an os installed and without an xp boot disk!!!! Is there anyway at all?
Thanx in advance!

do you have any boot disk?

To format a hard drive you turn your pc on, with a boot disk in, and it would go to dos. type in format C. it would say are you sure y/n. press y. and it will start delelting everything.

thanks i do have a xp boot disk but i have a feeling it may be corrupt so i wanted to wipe the hard drives before i put the xp disk, just to make sure it is the disk thats corrupt!

well i created a dos start up disk by going to mycomputer then right clicking floppy then selecting format and the create a dos start up disk. well it works in the computer but i dont know what to type to format the drive!!!

format c:/

than it would ask you to confirm this press y

to install the os, insert it into D, and type, setup d:/

ardy89,

well i created a dos start up disk by going to mycomputer then right clicking floppy then selecting format and the create a dos start up disk. well it works in the computer but i dont know what to type to format the drive!!!

If you created the bootdisk in windows XP, it wont work. Thou you get a prompt when you boot from the floppy you made, it is of no use. 'Format' command is not supported. [Reason- No DOS in XP]
If you have a win 98 system ,creating boot floppy in that will work. or else easy way is to get 1.44 MB image from www.bootdisk.com

u have recomended bootdisk.com on the previous post but i am unsure which one i am downloading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom