Floppy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmanw88

Solid State Member
I was trying to install windows on my new WD 160 SATA drive, and I was trying to put the stuff on the floppy to make the drive ready to go. Something is wrong with my floppy drive. Actually I had 3 of them laying around, and none of them work. I also tried this with several different floppies. The floppy drive is recognized under "my computer", and the light is on. But when you click on it, it waits for a few seconds and then tells me to put a disk in drive A. And when it does this, the floppy is spinning. Device manager says the floppy drive is working fine. Please help.

get a new floppy drive? or just a better quality floppy....quite honestly no offense....FLOPPY SUCKS! it seriously does. The data isnt secure...you walk next to a magnet...even brush up against it...you're term paper is GONE. Get a Jump Drive...its about as cheap as a Floppy drive...and you can TAKE IT WITH YOU...not to mention its like carrying over 100 floppies on you depending on the size...

Oh, I know floppy sucks, I didn't even have a floppy drive hooked up until today, it's just that as far as I know I have to have one to set up the SATA drive.

flash drives can lose data pretty easily too, just not as easy, plus theyre inexpensive and hold a crap load of stuff.

just go out and pick up anohter 10 dollar mitsumi drive.

Is the light always on? Everyone knows what that means. I dont know if it affects access, I haven't used a floppy in years

IAM_7154 said:
Is the light always on? Everyone knows what that means. I dont know if it affects access, I haven't used a floppy in years

Yea, it's always on, and I just talked to the computer tech guy here at work about it. I feel like an idiot, haha.

SHAWN said:
^the cable is on backwards. Thats why the light is always on.

Yea, that's what the tech guy told me, that's why I felt like an idiot, and didn't actually want to post what my stupid mistake was. Thanks anyway though, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom