Floppy issues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah21

Beta member
Hello everybody.

Recently i got this part time job subtitling movies.

They use really old pcs(386 or 486 etc.)so i am required to bring in work with floppy disks.

The problem is that many times pcs at work can't read the disks, the tech guys tell me the disks or files have been corrupted. The same disks however work fine in my pc!

I really need to know what is going on. I was thinking that maybe new(?) floppy disks may not work well on old machines, maybe their floppy drives are messed up, maybe new floppies use new technology:)p ) or something. For instance all floppies i've bought have Double Sided High Density written on them, maybe this is relevant somehow???

I'd really appreciate any input.

hmm, strange. the major thing that currupts them is magnets so do u have and thing like around where u keep them?

it might be better for you if u got urself a usb memory pen, well that is if the computers you use actually have a usb port? maybes if u just use the same computers u got get afew pci-ubs hubs?

I would say the same usb or cd is the way to go that is if the computer even has a cd-rom drive. Another possibility could be that the floppy drive in the computer at ur work could be faulty that is why it works on your computer but not theirs, try testing another floppy drivein your computer at work.

This guy is talking about 386's and 486's which don't have usb ports in em. I would just try a different brand of disk.. Try verbatim
Otherwise its just really old floppy drives that are on their way out.

errr. dude (xenosoul). Is Mario shagging the princess or giving her an ass massage - in your avatar.. :confused:.. lol

And as for the disks, how were they formatted - file system wise? And yes, you can format floppy's under NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom