Floppy drive problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

frootloops

Beta member
Okay, I'm fixing up a Micron (now MPC) Millennia (466mhz Celeron) computer for my uncle. Practically everything was ripped out of it so I'm having to buy all the pieces and parts for it. So I need a floppy drive for it, stupid pcs..., so I went and bought a plain Samsung internal floppy, unfortunately the front of the Millennia's case has a molded in floppy drive slot for the floppy disk and a spot for the button to jut out and the floppy drive doesn't fit.

So my question is, is there a special floppy drive that will fit in this slot, because the button doesn't stick far enough out plus you can't shove a disk all the way in.

Thanks for the help,

Froot Loops

Here is a crappy picture of the front of the computer.

i would recommend looking on ebay for the floppy drive you need because i will be listing it tonight..same name as i am on here.

frootloops said:
So my question is, is there a special floppy drive that will fit in this slot, because the button doesn't stick far enough out plus you can't shove a disk all the way in.
Hard to say with out my actual hand being on the computer itself.

From the looks if that box, you can purchase a normal FDD, but you will be needing to remove the floppy drive's face plate.

is it ok to sell stuff on here because i have a TON of computer parts that id like to unload but i dont want to spend 10 days listing them all on ebay

From the looks if that box, you can purchase a normal FDD, but you will be needing to remove the floppy drive's face plate.

You might not have to remove it as some case's allow you to slide it in from the back and it might line right up with the button's,i know on my old case that's how it worked but it might be different for your's.

Okay, I looked on ebay for one and came up with nothing. I removed the faceplate from the drive and shoved it all the way to the front and you need a pencil or some pointy object to shove the disk all the way in.

So right now the problem seems to be that the drive can't be shoved close enough up to the front of the case to work properly, the button on the drive is to short plus the cut-out on the front of the case is kinda rounded and the button is square. Round hole, square peg... GRRR!

I would be more then glad to trade this brand new drive for one that would fit perfectly in the slot... but I can't seem to find one.

Thanks for the help,
Froot Loops

i have 1..well 5 actually...if you wanna trade me send me a PM,and ill tell you where to ship it,and you can look me up on ebay (pcparts4every1) and see i have 100% positive feedback and well over 300 individual sells/buys...im not gonna rip you for a floppy drive,or anything for that matter..or email me at pcparts4every1@adelphia.net we will keep it simple...you pay shipping to me,ill pay shipping to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom