floppy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

icanrace

Baseband Member
my floppy drive is not working. In the device manager it says it is working fine, but it will not read the floppy disk. Any ideas? I have tried multiple floppy discs. Thanks

When You boot up, does it give you an error"floppy disk not found " try removing cable & power,,then put back on.. does the Led light stay on, without a floppy in it ?
let us know
Bd

there is no error at all. Like I said, everything says it is working, but it's not. BTW, it is a generic drive, but I didn't think that would matter. You think it is a driver issue?

Is the drive brand new or used. Is there another computer you can try it in, or try replacing the cable.

Does the light stay on all the time or only when trying to read from the drive?
If it is on all the time, then you might have the cabel on backwards. Otherwise, you may just have a faulty drive.
Windows, only looks to see if the drive can be seen. It doens't test for function unless it tries to read from it.

You will see whats called a IBM twist in cable, that has to be towards floppy drive. let us know we'll get it :)

Floppys are so cheap i dont know why you just dont go buy another one. Hell, i dont even use the damn things. Buy a flahs pen drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom