Flexible/Rugged Keyboards: SealShield, TrippLite, Adesso, Grandtec, TrueTouch, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavinfoxx

Beta member
Hello, I am looking for a washable, flexible, 109-key, USB full sized keyboard with, preferably, normal placement of the arrow keys, an enter key that is of a decent size (and is the backwards L type), a full sized backspace key, the full top row of f# keys, etc. etc.

I don't know which brand of "Flexible and Washable" keyboards to get, or which model to get if I *do* decide. Has anyone done a comparison of any of the keyboards from Seal Shield, Tripp Lite, Adesso, Grandtec, True Touch, Modtek, Targus, etc.?

Also, how can I figure out if one of these is just a rebranded version of another? Which of these companies is still alive and supporting their product? Do any of these keyboards have anything physically different with the f and j keys, to find the home keys by touch? If so, which? Which brands have the lowest incidents of stuck keys for their latest models? I am in the States, and would like to pay under $40 for a keyboard (these seem to be relatively inexpensive, which does help!), and I don't know what to get. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Flexible/Rugged Keyboards: SealShield, TrippLite, Adesso, Grandtec, TrueTouch, et

I can't even remember the last time I used a keyboard with the backwards L type Enter key...those were phased out in the 90's! I doubt you'll find one with that style of Enter key on it.

Re: Flexible/Rugged Keyboards: SealShield, TrippLite, Adesso, Grandtec, TrueTouch, et

Well, regardless, I want a bigger enter key than usual... Especially if this type of keyboard is picky on where you hit the key!

I'm also trying to figure out which of these has the best backspace key, and, most importantly, the best space bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom