flashing yellow dots on tv/monitor

fakey

Beta member
hey all, i have a brand new sharp led tv that i just hooked up to my computer and i'm getting some kind of digital noise or something, lots of tiny flashing yellow dots on the screen. here's the setup:

video card is an ati/radeon 2400hd - it does not have an hdmi port, only a dvi, so i purchased a $4 adapter from amazon, along with a 15ft mediabridge hdmi cable, which is connected straight to the tv.

i tried two different hdmi ports on the tv to rule out a bad port there.

i tried the hdmi cable with another device, no trouble with the cable.

i don't have anything else with a dvi port, so i have no way to test the adapter.

any thoughts?

figured it out! :) unfortunately, it is because of damaged equipment. :annoyed:
one of the pins on the dvi adapter must have been bent, and two pins attempted to enter the same slot on the video card, thus breaking it.

So is it the adapter that is broken or your video port?

I had almost the same issue with a computer I was working on. The VGA cable had a bent pin and it was causing the screen to go purple when the cable moved.

So is it the adapter that is broken or your video port?

I had almost the same issue with a computer I was working on. The VGA cable had a bent pin and it was causing the screen to go purple when the cable moved.

it's the video port, two adjacent female slots have now basically become one....unfortunate, because my computer is too old and outdated to be putting any more money into it. guess i'll have to break down and buy that new desktop, it's been a long time coming. unless someone can recommend a very cheap, pci-based HD video card????

it's the video port, two adjacent female slots have now basically become one....unfortunate, because my computer is too old and outdated to be putting any more money into it. guess i'll have to break down and buy that new desktop, it's been a long time coming. unless someone can recommend a very cheap, pci-based HD video card????

That's too bad.

I can't help with that but I'm sure someone on here can. :)

Back
Top Bottom