flashing the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
I will need to flash the bios for the amd 3000 socket 939 winchester cpu to work with my motherboard, but I don't know how to, how do you do this?

Thanks. trif

Trifid,

you need two componets, 1 is the software used to flash bios, and another is the BIOS update file (*.BIN). Its pretty simple then, using that flashing software, just like another windows program.

You can get both of these from your mobo site . I guess, the flashing software will be available in the Motherboard CD.

hey codes does flashing improve anything, is it kinda like driver updates or what does it do?

Depends on the scenario. Most manufacturers suggest not flashing the BIOS unless you absolutely have to. Sometimes it can be like driver updates in that you're computer will need a BIOS flash to be able to recognize a processor or something of that nature, but you'd never need to flash your BIOS just cause you think you need to or cause 3dmark isn't as high as you want it.

With the new .09nm socket 939 AMD64 chips the motherboards don't recognize the processor with that new smaller transistor technology. So the BIOS requires a flashing so your motherboard can simply SEE the processor in this case.

how do i do it though? is it like on a floppy disk?

also the motherboard is a av8 3rd eye.

Well you have to exclude if you have the 90nm bios yet... just build everything normally and if it boots fine then you don't need to flash it. I heard that if you do need to flash it, you will need a 130nm amd 64 chip to do so... so if your friend has one of those and is generous enough it should be rather easy.

and if he don't...? :s

i have a freind that has the socket 754 though.

I have emailed overclockers (who i ordered my pc from last night) and they said that they would flash the bios for me. hopefully they would get my email before they send it.

Thanks trif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom