First time cp build - need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjdup

Baseband Member
I have recently ordered a PC from mesh but am thinking of canceling and building it myself.

I've got a very good understanding about the different componets and what I need and how it all goes together, but have not build one before.

I'm also not a compleat idiot when it comes to putting things together and working out problems.

The only thing I'm not confident about is where all the cables go inside easpesially the smaller one's like coming from the case.

I NEEN TIPS AND ADVICE

Any good websites on the subject

Any help will be great !
;)

I was in the same position you were in a few months ago. I knew a lot about computers, and how they worked, I just had never put one together before. Anyways, the manuals that are included with the different parts are completely self-explanitory, from installing the motherboard and cpu to various case fans. The instructions are very easy to understand and usually everything on the motherboard is labled. When it comes to the cables in front, usually the Hard-Drive Led, Reset and Power Buttons, and the Power Led, all you have to do is follow the pictures and instructions in the motherboard manual, and match it up with the labled cable.

just found a great site
www.hardwarezone.com
I'm looking at building a amd 939 system and they explain in detail how to put one together using the Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 motherboads.
I think I'm gonna do it !

definately go for it man. you save yourself HEAPS of money, and you get good quality parts. Generally, store bought PCS have crappy gfx cards and mobo's in them. It isnt hard at all and plus its a great way to learn how a lot of thigns work in a comp :)

goodluck! any problems just ask on here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom