First time Building Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
I am really sorry, this is my first time trying to build a computer. And I am having serious troubles. I know all the questions I will have are stupid but plz bear with me.

I am trying to install my MOBO onto the case. Now, the problem is the ports on the MOBO and the spaces on the back of the case do not match! the keyboard/mouse ports, usb, etc, don't match with the ones on MOBO. I can't fit them in. Did I get the wrong case or something?

My case: Antec Plus1080(SOHO File Server)+430w

My mobo: Asus P4P800-Dlx i865PE,800FSB Dual DDR400

Also, at the back of the case, there are those thin metals sticking out where the port should be. What are they for and what should I do with them?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Ok, I get it, I am suppose to switch the metal plate that comes with the MOBO. But how do I take it out? Do I just push it out? I don't see any screw there?

Thx, I replaced it.

I am trying to screw in my MOBO now and I am not sure how.
There are four golden brass standoff holes on the case. According to the manual, I am suppose to screw in the brass standoffs then put the mobo on? That doesn't make sense to me. And the hole on the MOBO doesn't fit either. Should I put MOBO on the standoff holes then screw? What about all the other non standoff holes on the case?
Thanks

ok screw the standoffs to the case, then screw the mobo to the standoffs. Make sure you mount your heatsink before you install the mobo

Its a lot easier to install the heatsink while the mobo is flat on a table, trust me I almost killed mine doing it while it was in the case. Not sure on the standoff, try different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom