first desktop pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm85

Baseband Member
CASE : Silverstone Temjin SST-TJ01 Workstation Aluminum Case 420 WATT (BLACK COLOR)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD™ ATHLON™64 FX55 CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (939-pin Socket) ASUS A8V-E Deluxe VIA K8T890 Mainboard w/ LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Kingston Hyper-X High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader)
HARD DRIVE : Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB 10,000RPM Serial ATA 150 8MB Cache WD360GD
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
VIDEO CARD : ATI RADEON X800XL 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONEcase

how does it look so far? the total will come out to 2000... thankx... im also pairing this sys.. with a dell widescreen 20 in ch monitor

Helluva a PC.

2 thingss: get a better PSU. Say an OCZ Modstream

Get a GeForce 6800 GT instead of the Radeon X800 XL

thanx for your reply so soon.. do u think this system is one of the fastest available? also.. is it up to date in terms of hardware.. im not sure if the radeon can support a widescreen dell 20 inch.. still tryn 2 find out on the web.. thanks dude

Thats a nice PC :D

You should definitley get a 6800gt like dhw200 said and a better PSU. That one isn't so good ;)

Oh, and have you considered a heatsink :)

By the looks of it you are a gamer. This seems like a pretty good gaming machine. Some of my criticisms:

RAM: Are you going to be overclocking? If so choose some better OCing RAM. If not, choose some cheaper RAM. Tell us which it is and then someone will tell you a better alternative.

Hard Drive: That isnt very much space for today's standards. You might be better off getting a 200GB SATA (Seagate)

Optical Drive: Really!? No CD or DVD burner?

damn. u guys are fast.. really like the response rate.. umm... i heard and read that the radeon x800xl is as fast if not a little faster than the nvidia.. it is also considerably cheaper.. would like to confirm though.. yea.. heatsinks are goin all around.. has anyone messed with the silverstone case that im gettin?

i would love to overclock, but im not quite sure how to do it fully and safely.. hopefully ill learn alot form this website. but yea.. i got the athlon 64 fx so i could overlcokc that.. i got the 36 gg.. cuz its a rapto.. and i dont really have enough dough to get the 74 gig version, or raid 0 two 36 raptors.. im plannin to get two 200 seagates hds at a later date and paring them in a raid 0 config. im not really a gamer, but i just like the option to have a really top notch machine .. i dont want to be outdated in a year because i bot less than top notch components

jm85 said:
damn. u guys are fast.. really like the response rate.. umm... i heard and read that the radeon x800xl is as fast if not a little faster than the nvidia.. it is also considerably cheaper.. would like to confirm though.. yea.. heatsinks are goin all around.. has anyone messed with the silverstone case that im gettin?

it is...for now. However,the X800 XL lacks pixel shader model 3.0. This is vital for future games. people who made the mistake (like me) of buying ATI's X800/X850 series got screwed. 6800 GT is better future proofing

Man Hyper-X is good overclocking ram and a hell of a steal (right now anyways)

For the video card, an eVGA \ Leadtek 6800GT is a much better buy. They are more expensive in the PCI-E flavor however since their a native AGP card. X800XL is native PCI-E. Also with the x800XL forget about running Splinter Cell Chaos Theroy, HL2 Lost Coast and Farcry on high settings since it doesnt support shader model 3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130215

For motherboards Asus is crap for AMD mobo's

I Suggest looking at these mobo's, one is refurb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136151R

And your going to have problems with your current power supply

You can also drop the CPU down and just overclock it, but if you do get an FX-55 make sure it's VENICE CORE. DO NOT BUY A CLAWHAMMER CORE FX-55 AS THEY WILL NOT OC VERY WELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom