First computer build please look

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard problems overclocking with the NEO4, and even anandtech adressed this on their site. The chaintech Ultra is fine. There is one review on newegg which bashes it because of the nivida drives, but just turn the firewall off. It overclocks half decently too. Btw, stick with the 3000, and get ocz premier. It can get 240 fsb 2.5-3-3-6 on 2.9 volts.
There are Cheaper NEC burners for 43-44 dollars.
Btw, get SATA 150 hard drives. SATA II hard drives provide almost no noticible difference and they cost more.

the DFI Lanparty nForce 4 Ultra-D is the best PCIE board out there. After it is prolly the MSI K8n Neo4 nForce4 Ultra

I just got a WD 2500jd on ebay for $75 bucks new(including shipping)! Its SATA and is 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA 150. There are great deals out there on stuff if you are wlling to be patient!

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $88

CHAINTECH VNF4/Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $92

These MOBO are in my price range, which would you pick.

Or anything less then $100

I am just looking for the best thing for less than $100, I know that I will lose some features but this is my first build and I will have a better income when I do another.

Thanks

Chaintech. The msi one won't overclock well. I'm not sure about the ultra or sli models, but the regular models don't. It has been reported.

Let me just ask this, What is wrong with the power supply that comes with the case??

Also besides Antec, which brand it good??

What should I look for when looking for a power supply?

how about this one:

THERMALTAKE Silent PurePower TT-420AD(DUAL FAN) ATX 420W Power Supply 115/230 V -

$39.99

Or just found this

Thermaltake Black Soprano AXT Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports and 430-Watt Power Supply

$95.00

This come with their power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom