First Boot-up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hi I own an Abit AV8 3rd-Eye Motherboard, and am using an AMD Athlon
64 FX Processor. I am attempting to boot up for the first time, and I
cannot get any more than a millisecond of power (LED Fans light and dim very quickly, and you can hear one quick flicker from monitor) to run through the
system, then I start receiving errors via the digital screen, the
errors reported, in order are as follows:

02 - Before I actually hit power
9C
9E - Very brief, almost don't notice it
9F

I Cleared the CMOS many times, but the same errors result. My Manual
does not give me definitions of any of these, with the exception to
'83' - which is to 'save all data stack back to CMOS', and I do not know
what they are asking.

Please inform me on any errors I have, Google doesn't help me with these either.

Your assistance is GREATLY appreciated, thank you.

Okay, after the last 5 hours of sitting at a new years eve party and thinking solely about what to do, I decided to do the following:

When my case came, it came with a new PSU, 350watts. So I just took that PSU, and only plugged in the two connections to the motherboard (20pin, and 4pin). Everything else is still hosted by the other PSU (500watts).

Well I pressed start and the HSF Fan started going and so did a very high piched sqeek, or beep. I then immediatly turned off, because this beep was heard 2 floors up at 3am. Next, I plugged in one of the moplex connectors to the 6800GT and IT BOOTED!!!!

But...that doesnt solve it...

I actually get an output from the card and the monitor displays many things, of course it recognizes no drives but it did recognize the FX-55.

The error displayed was:

CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded

At the bottom it had:

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup.

- - - - - -- - - - - - -
1) Does this mean my 500watt PSU is done?
2) The little display had to go through at least 20 errors, I hope this is because I connected no other connectors at the time...
3) The Checksum error deal is bothering me, I know a kid that has there error every time he boots up with his old AthlonXP, I hope this doesnt happen to me.

Please, any input will go a long way.

ROFL 350 watts with a 6800gt think about it that why you got those errors

I dont think your 500 is screwed though...

Okay, so I'm just going to make this post as I am doing some experimentation.

The Process
After the computer botoed fine with the 35watt plugged into the MB (two connnectors), and the vcard, I switched the three connectors with thr 500watt. So the 500watt PSU is plugged into the 20 pin on MB, the 4 pin on MB, and the 6800gt. --- IT boots, but it loses the cpu information, I go into the bios and load optimized defaults and it works fine. Next, I connect both my SATA Hard Drive, and the IDE drive.

Well it boots fine, and I go into the bios and it recognizes the IDE drive, and i think this is what is sopossed to happen.

(I still havn't heard the loud annoying beep, so im kinda scepticle...)

Next, I plug in the DVD+/- RW. Well it still boots, now it recognizes neither of the IDE Drives (HD, DRVRW). They are on the same cable, so I go to check jumper settings. I am not sure what they were before, but I did my research and set the HD (On slave position on cable) to master, and the DVDRW drive (On master position on cable) to Slave. And..It ends up reading them both, and gives me option to boot from cd, I dont press anything, and it looks to HD, where it find an old WinXP Home and starts to load, I don't let it and continue troubleshooting the PSU...

Next I connect my other DVD drive. It works and it reads it.
Now I will connect the older CD Rom drive. It also reads it and all IDE Devices are in the right configuration.

At this point, I have connected all of my IDE/SATA drives, video card, and MB, The only things left requiring power are the fans, and the fan situation I have is:

Two BLUE UV 80mm's in front
One BlueLED 80mm at top of case
One 120mm BlueLED fan in rear
One 80mm Blue UV fan on side, in clearsided window

The first fan I plug in is one of the 80mm's in front. It boots.
Then I plug in the other one in the front. NO! The same thing happens as before, a millisecond of power runs through the system and i get the same errors as in the first post...

So I unplug the problem fan, and I'm able to plug every other fan in BUT that one.

Problem (Skip to here if you don't want to read)...
So I know that this one 80mm BlueUV fan is the problem here, Why would a fan be doing this, It is not connected to the MB, and i tried different psu connectors to it but same problem. I also tried switching the psu arrangment with other fans, same thing, so the problem with this enire thing is this one god damn fan. So I ask you...Why does this fan do this???

Cappy said:
hit delete enter setup and config your bios . Nice rig btw :)
Thank you, be a lot better if it worked too :confused: .

Sounds like you don't have enough amps on your +12v rail. Do you have a pic or a link to the specs of your psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom