First Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Baseband Member
Okay, I just built my first computer, and when I booted it up for the first time, it couldnt recognize any of my 2 SATA HD drives.

I'm using an asus k8v se deluxe motherboard with 2 SATA drives.... I have one of the drives plugged into the PRI_SATA port in my motherboard, and the other into the SEC_SATA port. Then I have them both plugged into to a serial power converter (it came with the motherboard, it plugs into two serial power things and converts it to 4-pin white molex). Then I plugged the white molex into the video card power cord that is split (its a radeon 9800 pro)... By split I mean that its a has a 3-way connection... one part of it connects to the PS, one to the video card, the other to the harddrives. (thats how it said to connect the video card power supply).

And when it's booting up it doesn't detect any HDs after I press DEL for BIOS setup... and even after pressing TAB at a certain time to get into the place to make arrays, it says that they arent connected or dont exist. (similar picture below -except it says there are no drives)

highpointcreate.jpg

Help!!

Hmm, do I have to install windows first or something? Before I can make a RAID array I mean... would the hds be recognized while im installing windows or??

I still don't get it. Btw, I can get into the BIOS setup fine... just says no hd is detected before I can get into it.

Okay I tried installing windows... and it couldnt detect a harddrive... So something's still wrong. Does anyone else have the same motherboard (or configuration) and two SATA harddrives in RAID?

did u follow instructions in link2? u need to put the Sata controler driver on a floppy, if it didnt come with one. then press f6 during hardware detection in windows install. and use the floppy to install the sata controller drivers

Problem solved.
I just had to download VIA's drivers and put them on a disk... everything went smoothly from there. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom