firewire header

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hi
I have a gigabyte 81875 Ultra motherboard, it has a IEEE 1394 control chip and two IEEE 1394 headers(?) but does not seem to have any firewire ports. do i just need to get some cables/adaptors which would enable me to connect firewire devices to my motherboard or do i need to get a firewire card?

You could get a firewire card which would then be connected to the headers on your motherboard, or you could get a case that has integrated firewire ports and attatch those wires to the headers. Either way would work...

yeah your computer has to have the port in the back like usb ports, and then you gotta think to yourself, well how do those usb ports get power? They are hooked to the USB headers. Same principle follows here.

if i get a new case which has firewire ports, how will i connect the ports on the case to the headers on the mobo?
would the case come with the connecting wires.

i did not have USB headers but USB ports on the mobo, and these stick out of the case(there were holes on the case to allow the USB ports to come out). i am now wondering what happens when i get a case with USB ports, i guess the USB ports of the case are gonna remain unconnected, and i would also have to make sure the new case has holes in the right spots for my mobo USB ports. is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom