Firewire card troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
I've got a generic brand PCI firewire card in my system. I mostly use it for occasional video capture through an AVS Pyro A/V Link box. I always turn the AVS box off when I'm not using it, so there's not many time that the firewire card is in use.

Recently when I turn on the AVS I'm getting a device error (in device manager) saying that the firewire card cannot be started. I've tried everything I can think of to restart it....disabling and reenabling, uninstalling the card and scanning for changes and letting it reinstall, uninstalling and rebooting and letting it install...it always shows up with an error in device manager saying it cannot start.

The only thing I've found that works is opening the case, removing the card and reseating it. the 3 times it's done this, I've been able to get it working by doing this.....it's just a pain in the butt to have to completely unhook my CPU and open it up to fix this.

Anyone have a suggestion of what could be wrong or a possible fix? I know a new card is easy enough, but the card works fine when it will start up, and it doesn't foul up every time I plug something in.....just when it's been unused for a long period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom