Find me a nice case :), Updated w/ pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I'm looking for a nice new sleek case. I want a clear side and blue LED lights on the inside :)

No PSU is needed, I just bought a new one. Something mid tower or greater. I like blue, black, silver and red any combo. Any dark colors are fine. Extended power, reset switch and LED connectors are a must.

I don't like covers on the front of the case. It seems like a lot of new cases have a cover that pops open... I really don't like that. Also cable management is nice, but not required. Obviously room for fans and good airflow. My CPU sits under a dome/funnel looking thing that funnels the warm air out... I'd like that on the side as well. No more then $150.

Thanks!

Re: Find me a nice case :)

I would say the Antec 900 or a Rosewill Challenger/Destroyer. All 3 are really nice cases though the Antec is pricier it's nicer but the Rosewills dont have plexi sides but you can always mod.

Something like this is nice, but I don't like the mesh in front.
Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

This kind of design is nice, but I don't like the cover in the front.
Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case

I like the 'rugid' look like this one, but it's a bit out of my price range.
Newegg.com - Thermaltake ArmorPlus(Armor+) VH6000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I really don't like a plain square case and I'm really stuck on the clear side with blue LED lights... Also a full sided clear case, not one of those windows. I'm looking on Newegg and haven't found one yet that catches my eye :-\

Haha... yes it is a nice one and I like it, but I have not ordered it yet. So there is still an opportunity to change my mind. But chances are I'll stick with that one because it met most if not all of my criteria.

Just thought I would add...
The Rosewill Challenger is nice, but its nice for the price.
It was a bit hard to work with for my GFs build. Side Panels required a surprising amount of force to take off and put on, Hard Drives were backwards, holes for fan intake or exhaust (is it called modder's mesh?) are very close together and limit air transfer quite a bit, screw-less Optical Drive mounts are a bit loose (however, your talking to someone who uses 8 screws for his optical drives), cable routing can be a bit difficult as the side panel is very close to the motherboard tray (actually near impossible behind the motherboard tray), and it the case is a bit flimsy.
Recommended for budgets, not for transportation or frequent upgrading.

Overall I like it, but only for the price, I would rather spend 20ish more and get something better in just about every aspect.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom