Financial Support? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to schulz269
Default Re: Financial Support?

Its just about learning how to save up and finding a few extra jobs here and there to get money. Also getting some tech side jobs can make some good money. i know i have made a good bit from going to co-workers homes and working on there computers.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulz269 View Post
Its just about learning how to save up and finding a few extra jobs here and there to get money. Also getting some tech side jobs can make some good money. i know i have made a good bit from going to co-workers homes and working on there computers.
tru-dat holmes. Plus waiting a little while longer before you buy processers and mobo's and waiting for like package deals or weekend deals or holiday deals, or newegg loves people so they'll sell stuff for cheap deals. If you're an extreme penny-pincher about buying computer stuff then it's pretty easy to get what you want or something close to it for a small price.

for example on tigerdirect there's 512mb of pc4200 ram for 3 bucks after MIR

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
Everything to Nothing

Send a message via MSN to Nick

3 Bucks???
Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

yup. not kidding. its not the best, but its 512 of ram. search it on tigerdirect
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk13 View Post
Hey everyone. I notice around the boards that a lot of people have completely pimped out systems (Q6600's and 8800GTS's with $200 PSU's powering them). So I got a little curious. How do YOU support your system? I'm assuming by the cost of these, that most people around these boards have been out of school for a few years, and are starting off into their careers. I'm 18, so most of my money is dished out to college. But after college I plan to invest quite heavily into some systems. So how do you support yours?

Welll, I work and save up. Within a month and a half, I can shell out about 2 grand for a new PC--but that's extreme. Most likely, I will not do that because there are other things I like to spend on besides PC stuff.