Financial Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. I notice around the boards that a lot of people have completely pimped out systems (Q6600's and 8800GTS's with $200 PSU's powering them). So I got a little curious. How do YOU support your system? I'm assuming by the cost of these, that most people around these boards have been out of school for a few years, and are starting off into their careers. I'm 18, so most of my money is dished out to college. But after college I plan to invest quite heavily into some systems. So how do you support yours?

I basically have sold old systems to get my current one. Also, I fix other peoples pc's for a fee. But as you can see in my sig, I haven't gone overboard with grfx cards or pwr supplies. I have two daughters that occupy my time when I'm not at work so playing games all day would be a waste of time for me.

Many here are kids who have suckered their parents into paying for them.

i work at a honda dealership, and i use that money to pay for my computer, as well as my car payments/mods

I'm another one of them. Well I get allowance too, like $40 bucks a month, but I only get the money at the beginning of the month. Sometimes I work with my dad so he pays me too. :happy:

No allowance for me, just any amount of money as long as the use is justified =D

I DO have a job. I'm working at a provincial park right now. But, most of that money (as I said), is going to college. Maybe if I get a part-time job during school I could buy a system throughout the year. As for everyone else with an e6600... Nice systems :).

Many here are kids who have suckered their parents into paying for them.

i got my mobo. processor and ram for christmas, that was the only present i got and it cost £150, my parents would never just by me something expensive out of the blue like some do

I usually get like 80 bucks a month for allowance, but that is all the money I have for pretty much anything. Like if I wanna go out with some friends I pay my way. I don't pay for gas, my car, or car insurance which is fantastic. And since I live in a small town, a lot of kids coming back from college for the summer take up the part time jobs, so I was out of a job for a while, but now they're all gone so I have quite a pluthera of jobs to chose from. I'm hoping to pick up a job at Circuit city as a technician and they fully support getting all kinds of certification so I'm hoping to get some help there. And while my parents don't want to pay for my computer stuff, and they don't like doing it, if there's any sort of learning opportunity behind it they'll pay, so I'm hoping they'll pay for all of my certification things :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom