Finally for those who just couldnt part with floppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, why is it people think these are so great? It is existing technology re-packaged into a LARGER case, with LESS capacity. Plus, the price is PRETTY STEEP for such a small amount of space... what about files larger than 16 MB? My 1 Gig thumb drive was $60.... and is SMALLER than one of those... what gives?

What kind of floppy drive are you using that costs $60?! You
Are you on crack dude? Do you even bother reading this crap?

The Memorex FlashDisc is sold in bundles of three, with each unit having a different color combination, for just US $19.99.
You get THREE of them, count.......THREEEEEEEEE for $20.....that's under $7 a piece which is cheaper than a floppy.

It's possible; in fact, I've done it before. Went to pull my flashdrive out of the side of my monitor and it wouldn't come out, so I started to wiggle on it. It came out, but I bent the USB connector so badly that it no longer works.
lol, that's you PHYSICALLY damaging the thing. We're talking about not removing it properly via the windows setting and it somehow messing up the software/hardware of the thing....not you bending the crap out of it :p

My 1 Gig thumb drive was $60.... and is SMALLER than one of those... what gives?
It looks like they could fit on the little stacks your burnable CD's and DVD's come in.

what about files larger than 16 MB?
What about it.......what about files larger than 1.44mb......don't see people complaining about that when using floppies. Obviously they aren't for loading your favorite movies and games too.

People can't seem to grasp that these are REPLACEMENTS FOR FLOPPIES, not to be a cool new thumb drive showing off it's large capacity.

Are you people even reading the article?

YouÂ’re probably aware that there are many drives out in the market that have a bigger capacity than the Memorex FlashDisc

Memorex launches worldÂ’s first shareable USB drive

BTW, I just woke up from taking a nap since I only got 2 hours sleep last night and woke up really early.....so damn right I'm cranky.

Easy there buddy... I wasn't flaming on anyone....

Yes, I read the article.... The first time I read it, I missed the fact that it is 3 for $20.... or $20 for 48 MB. Also, yes, I understood the fact that they are intended to 'replace the floppy drive'. My 128 MB thumbdrive replaced my floppy drive, and the 1 Gig was added for larger files.

I was simply stating (again now) that it is re-packaged technology, in a LARGER case with LESS capacity... And the Cost / capacity ratio is pretty high for these... There are many 128MB & 256 MB drives in existance that cost less than a package of 3 of these.

Looks like just another cutesy thing to get stupid peoples money... Probably giving them away free with rebates in six months...

Although they might work well in an office environment (maybe)...

Unless it had the capacity of a zip disk or a cd-rom, I just don't see the value....

Speaking of cd roms **** you could get 100 for $20 bucks. And I do believe you can share them.

Blitzkrieg1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom