Finally for those who just couldnt part with floppies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats a good idea, but most people dont know how to use USB.

Eg. placing them into the slot, disconnecting them properly without damaging them...

I've never encountered them being damaged simply by removing them, although TECHNICALLY I know you're supposed to go to the system tray and put 'safely remove hardware' or whatever.

I had a friend who didn't even realize that option existed in the system tray.

oh well, my floppy is installed so I might as well keep it.

Nubius said:
I've never encountered them being damaged simply by removing them, although TECHNICALLY I know you're supposed to go to the system tray and put 'safely remove hardware' or whatever.

I had a friend who didn't even realize that option existed in the system tray.

oh well, my floppy is installed so I might as well keep it.

It took me some time to figure that out, but now that I know about it I still don't use it. Drive tasks are postponed to the next time you plug the device in.

so long as the light on mine is not flashing, i just pull it out. it has been fine so far.

i think that thing is a bit big for my liking.

Nothing has happened when I just simply unplug it while there is no data transfer.

What kind of floppy drive are you using that costs $60?! You can pick them up at computer shows in the SUB $3 range...... ****, they are under $8 on NewEgg....

Secondly... lets see..... $20 for 16 MB, or $60 for 1 Gig..... Its a thumbdrive in a different (stupid looking) case.

I would love to see pictures of someone with no USB ports on the front of their PC try to use that without a USB extension cable...

Nubius said:
I've never encountered them being damaged simply by removing them
It's possible; in fact, I've done it before. Went to pull my flashdrive out of the side of my monitor and it wouldn't come out, so I started to wiggle on it. It came out, but I bent the USB connector so badly that it no longer works.

It was a brand new drive, too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom