Finally something good to say....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I finally have something good to say about the ATi Radeon X800 Pro. That is its overclockability. I have overclocked it from its stock 475/900 speed to a whopping 550/1130, increasing my performance in games like FarCry and Doom 3. Instead of 38fps on the Doom 3 timedemo, I now get 50.2 fps with the same graphics settings. I also don't notice near as much lag (the hell level even plays smoothly. The pitfall of this overclocking is when in graphically intensive applications, such as the Ruby demo, the card gets almost to 80*C. Its stable though, with zero artifacts whatsoever, so I am going to leave it for now.

BIG_AIZZLE said:
NVIDIA 6800 Is the True MAster NVIDIA > ATI

True, and the ATI card is a rip-off. If I had to redo it today, there would be NO WAY I would have gotten this card, but I am stuck with my decision and am just saying that its not all bad.

well I haven't bought it and I don't plan to so I will say its all bad =P thats some good overclockin though but yeah 80C yikes thats hot

quote from Nubius- "yikes thats hot" <-- i think he likes it. jk
----------------------------------------------------------------
beedubaya, if i were u, i would comprimise a little .., like by clocking it to something like 500/1000

beedubaya, I don't know why u are constantly bashing ATi and the X800. I don't know what the hell is up with your card, but maybe Visiontek has something to do with it. Plus, you are running the X800 on an AGP interface, so what did u expect?

The X800s were an early and experimental release for PCI Express. But due to the fact that the majority of users are still using the AGP interface - They had to release the card for AGP also.

I have used the X800 XT PE and that card was insane. It destroyed the 6800 Ultra more than I could ever believe. If the 6800's architecture displayed the same amount of detail as the X800 - The benchmarks would drop very low and would not be able to outperform the 9800 XT.

The nVidia 6800 series is over rated.

P.S.: 80 C is WAY to fvcking hot for the GPU. Keep that up and you won't have a video card for much longer.

When your card does burn out - Get the 6800, and you'll see what I mean about the difference in image quality and render instructions.

agex000 said:

P.S.: 80 C is WAY to fvcking hot for the GPU. Keep that up and you won't have a video card for much longer.

80*C is only in the heat of the afternoon when watching the spinning cube in ATITool. It doesn't get this hot during normal gameplay. So I guess I need to get a new hsf for my card...because the stock one is not cutting it. Which one do you suggest.

I don't know what the hell is up with your card,

agex, I never realized he said there WAS something up with his card. I thought all he was doing was just stating his overclocking status in this case.

As far as the 6800 being overrated. I think you need to come to terms with the fact that everyone has their personal preference. Thats the end of the story. Both cards perform well and until you sit there yourself and have a 6800 256DDR3 Ultra compared to whatever the hell the 'ultra' version of the ATI's card is I'm guessing X800 XT or whatever and start running tests and get diagrams, then you really have no basis. ATI vs Nvidia might as well be north and south korea, same shit yet they hate each other.

EDIT:
When your card does burn out - Get the 6800, and you'll see what I mean about the difference in image quality and render instructions.

...well thats strange cause every review I've seen with them pitted against each other the 6800 drew better lines and less jaggies appeared......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom