Finally satisfied for now! hahh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwjayleedy

Baseband Member
I just picked a board up for 74.99 from a guy i sold a phone to.
he owns a computer store, now my questions are he sold me this board MSI Neo2-FIS2R i865PE for the 74.99 also he sold me the gefore 5500xt for 74.99 and the 2 sticks of ddr266 512mb ea. for 65.99 ea now he said he cut me a deal but im not up on pricing as much as i should be. and i cant find it any where on the net. Did he actually cut me a deal?
Cuz i hooked him up with a PDA for verizon the i600sch smart phone (Retail is 699.00) for free with his upgrade) So help me out here guys. Just wanna make sure i didnt get ripped

Your board, OEM, shouldn't cost more than $55; you got a decent deal on the card - if it's the MSI - as I haven't seen that retailed anywhere for less than $130.
Depends on the brand of the RAM; but I wouldn't pay $65 for any DDR 266 512.

I'd say he gave you a discount.. but not a great discount.

SHAWN said:
too much money for that RAM IMO.
SHAWN, the link you gave posted his ram at 34.85 a stick (the lowest price NewEgg offered for that type of RAM). Two sticks would be $69.70, not including tax. So he saved a small amount of money from the guy.
And $65 ain't bad for a gig of RAM. He did fine.

His only shortcoming was getting the DDR266, which is the slowest version of DDR still being produced and sold. It's probably plenty for him, though.

SHAWN said:
MSI boards suck.
Where do you base that on? MSI is doing very well in both market and popularity. Their boards offer a wide range of features at a low cost, with plenty of bundled extras, and a service department that is better than average. I've been running MSI boards happily in many machines.

Of course, it all depends also on the model board he got.

SHAWN said:
Price of the video card is ok.
Yeah, the price he got for the vid-card is about average. It's not an awsome card, but it's enough.

pwjayleedy, you did fine. You got some decent components for an average PC. As long as you don't expect to be doing any hard-core gaming (Doom3/FarCry/HL2...on full settings) yer fine.

smileygladhands said:
Yup 65.99 ea Shoobie.. not for both.
Ah, missed that second "ea." My bad.

Saw the first one and figured he meant each stick had 512mb. Didn't get the second each.

$65 retail probably isn't that bad...depending on where he got it from.

I think it is not the best deal in the world. But it is a computer shop, and they have the overhead they have to pay and then their profit, so I guess it is typical. They usually rip you off at those little computer shops, I know mine did. Thats why I stopped going there. Newegg took all of his buisness!

Oh dude, you better hope noone here is Jewish because if they are, you just started a nasty flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom