Finally got my new PC, but having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaapops

Solid State Member
I posted about a week ago asking for help in building a PC. I got a lot of nice info and finally placed my order. The parts arrived last night and me and a friend started putting everything together. It is doing ok while browsing the internet, but I bough it for gaming, and none of my games will work, always a different error message.

I know nothing about hardware but he is good with PC's, but he had never put in a motherboard before. It seemed fine but none of the motherboard drivers will install. I am using a http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-478&depa=1

When I look at the device manager, the drivers that aren't installed are:

PCI Ethernet Controller
PCI Multimedia Audio Device
PCI Multimedia Audio Device
PCI Raid Controller
PCI System Management Bus

Also when he was putting everything in, he said that the motherboard came with a lot of extra cables and wires, that he didn't even need for the motherboard. He said he saw none of those wires or cables on my old motherboard. Now this seemed like a problem to me, I thought those wires were in the box for a reason, but oh well.

I also get an error message when I startup:

Unable to load SIISUPP.VXD
Make sure it is in \WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOUSUBSYS

And that message comes up three times in a row.

I also got a new processor, power supply, and two sticks of ram, but we think the mobo has a lot to do with this. Sorry for the long post but this is making me miserable. Please help me fix my early christmas present!

there is a lot of info that you didnt give , and is needed to say waht may be wrong..like in your bios is your internal audio on ? if it is and you are using external (s.b. live ) you will have an error in the pci audio device and the drivers wont load up, looks like most of your errors may be in the bios setup and because of this you will have trouble in loading propper drivers for your mobo and windows. just to mention a few. check your bios settings and use the default ones to see if you can get it running and loading also you ma have to reinstall windows again.?

Are you using a SATA drive or did you install XP on a SATA drive? Are you using a RAID setup?

Disable RAID in your BIOS, maybe it helps.

Use the Motherboard CD to install the Devices / PCI Ethernet Controler/ Onboard Sound (if your using the onboard sound )(If your using a PCI Sound Card disable the onboard in BIOS)Use the CD to install the Chipset Drivers i think all AMD`s use the 4in1 Driver Package. If your not using RAID Disable in bios.

Need more info>
Processor ?
Hard Drive (Type, Size, How Many)
Operating System (WinXP,2000,98, Linux)

Let us know so we can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom