Finally Getting A 6600gt!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm off to get a 6600GT right now. I'm pumped as crap, but I have a couple questions.

(1) What do I need to do to delete the old vid card drivers? Right now I have 66.93 from the nVidia site.

(2) Which new drivers would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

You don't have to delete the drivers at all. You're going from nvidia to nvidia. 66.93 will be fine, but you should update to the latest forceware which is 71.84 at nvidias website. Just download and install.

Nubius said:
You don't have to delete the drivers at all. You're going from nvidia to nvidia. 66.93 will be fine, but you should update to the latest forceware which is 71.84 at nvidias website. Just download and install.

That's what I thought man, I appreciate it. I'll post some benchies in a few minutes :)

Man, you are lucky. I went from ATI to nVidia and it was a pain it the ass, i had to reformat the whole PC orelse it would freeze and stuff.

any major hardware changes require a format....major meaning motherboard and graphics card for the most part. Because of drivers of course.

I've never gone from one company to the other so it's always been out with the old in with the new for me :D

hm

I got my 6600Gt like aweek ago and im lovin it. But aside from that, doesnt the video card come with the proper drivers on the cd?

Yeah don't ever bother with the drivers from the CD's, I've never used them. Best just to go with nvidias forceware.

I'm thinking about switching from ATI to Nvidia. So I delete my ATI drivers, download Nvidia 6600 GT drivers, then install the card, then turn back on & install Nvidia drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom