final opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, here it is, xmas, and i got $175. so, what im planning on doing is getting a cpu/mobo set from newegg, 512mb of ram, a 350w ps, and a dvd burner, and it comes to roughly 170 before shipping, im going to see if i can get my dad to cover me on shipping and taxes (cause i live in cali) so, heres what im lookin at.

ECS 761GX -M754 (3.0A) ( W/AMD Mobile Sempron 3000+)

just to get me runnning, maybe upgrade to a athlon in like 4 months.

PQI power series 512mb ddr set (2*256mb)

im not going to be greedy here, il upgrade when i get the money

LOGISYS MicroATX 350W PS (fits my good case, plus seems to be a good psu)

Lite-On 16X dvd-rw

that should be good enough to get me running, i already got a video card, and a hdd.

if you guys can find a better mobo, cpu, or ram , etc... that will still keep my total under 175, im open for suggestions, i dont realy need the dvd drive, so i could drop that.

I would recommend more RAM. Yes, I know you said you don't need alot, but say that when you are trying to game or run demanding apps.

hey, im runnin on 384 and it does me just fine, lol. i would go for 1gb, should i get 1 512mb now and get the other later next month? for now anyways running out of ddr will still be fast right? (sounds like a newb question, i know, but i dont know crap about ddr, except it means double data rate)

I've heard bad reviews by PC Chips. Also my old computer's motherboard was PC Chips, it sucked. I would stick with ECS.

hmm. are there good ocin options for the ecs tho? cause i plan to oc this until i get something a little faster, or if i can maybe go with a 939 or am2, just need to keep it under 175. i dont want to totally cheap out and buy crap, (obviously thats y i made this, lol), but i do need it to be cheap and fast.

Wait wait,

Your going Micro ATX and you want to Overclock....
Wtf!?

MATX Motherboards are the worst for Overclocking. They are smaller therefore they have less Capacitors, thus are less stable for overclocking... Not to mention Everthing is ALOT closer meaning things heat up faster.
Also they PSU that comes with the case blows. And I can't make a suggestions because of your budget. Just letting you know though.

In Short, if you want to overclock, don't go microatx and don't be cheap.

Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom