Final motherboard choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

In Runtime
Okay!

THIS is the motherboard I plan to buy to replace my burnt one in my eMachines. Just wanna see if I can get a second opinion on it.

It's Gigabyte, so I'm trusting it will be a quality mobo. I see the 4 rear USB ports, but the specs say 6 so I'm assuming it's got the little header pins for my front two case USB ports (I think I see the 7-pin spot over by the power switch and LED header pins). There's the LAN port. I can see one audio header connector (the black one with plastic up around it, next to the bottom PCI slot) and I can't remember if it's for front-case-line-out or if it's for front-case-mic... I think the other one is right behind the sound ports (my case has wires for line out and for a mic on the front, it's hard to spot the right set of pins in a pic even as nice and big and detailed as NewEgg provides). I've got the AGP 4x slot for the new video card I'm getting. Got the 3 PCI slots (my case can only hold 4 slots, or 3 and one AGP)... the two DDR DIMM slots... and of course the little header pins for my power button, HD LED and power LED (at least I hope that's what those are, lol... my PSU doesn't have a hard power switch).

Anybody see anything wrong with this mobo? Anything it might be missing I should look into? I don't think I've overlooked anything, except chipset (I have no idea what difference that makes, and I'm willing to bet it's not going to affect me much).

If I don't hear any complaints or suggestions by Monday I'm most likely going to buy this motherboard and that videocard ( possibly sooner).

NOTE: I use the word "header" referring to the mobo pins that let you connect wires from the case for ports and lights on the case itself. I can't remember where I found that out, or if it's legitimate vocabulary, lol, so correct me if I'm using this word when I shouldn't.

Also, comments welcome about that video card.....

EDIT: oh yeah, should I go with the clock/calculator combo, or the silver pen combo? lol

Graphics card recomended...... ATI radeon 9200, 256MB, cheap and reliable, and you can connect it up to ur TV which is cool.

U should get a mobo which is AGP8X.
All the new graphic cards r running AGP8X.
Although u can run 8X AGP card on 4X mobo, but the performance will cut half.

the video card that i recommend is a radeon 9600xt cause its the best bang for your buck. One of the most popular video cards out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom