Final Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh i meant that the DFI board is the best PERIOD

your computer will run best with them, since they're designed well and use high quality stuff (such as japanese capacitors)

aright sorry I'm lazy haven't read whats been said :D

Get a 3200+ venice not a 3500+, it'll overclock to generally 2.8GHz on air and not necessarily stock voltage, but still low voltage and cool temps.

$100 for a good OC'ing motherboard is WAY too cheap, don't skimp out on this, this is after all the MOTHER board, which denotes it kind of handles your whole system.

You'd be good with a DFI Ultra-D

These boards have 2 PCI-E slots and a few PCI slots, so as been said yes a normal PCI card will work but as I'm sure you're aware of PCI cards suck :D

Patriot XBL ram is a good set of TCCD RAM that will overclock nicely and isn't quite as expensive as some other things like GSkill LA's but I heard the OCZ Platinum Rev 2's are sitting at $199

These:
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820218062

can OC too and are quite cheap, but need a lot of voltage which the DFI Ultra-D board will have no problem giving since it can give up to 4v, but really anything beyond 3.7 doesn't make a difference and when running that high voltage you DEFINITELY have to have a fan blowing on the RAM.

I wouldn't suggest quite going that high for every day use though. 3.3 would be enough for nice OC's while remaining fairly cool but I'd still use a fan.

Yeah that's about it :p

yea if I get the ultra which I have no problem with because I did all my budgeting off that but it has no intergrated video and I'm low on money and then I would need a CHEAP video card just to see. unless if anyone has a spare one they can give. but I guess I'll order the ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom