Final Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK well after serious states of confusion I'm asking you guys to pull through with this 1 more time. I Finally decided to wait and save up well I need to know a good pci-express Motherboard socket 939 for about 100.00 USD and I'm going to get the Venice core 3500 + soket 939 with a zalman Heatsink and I was wondering what is a good mobo. Also is it true that it can overclock up to 1.0 GHZ on stock vcore. So it'll be at 3.0 GHZ how much would that be Intel wise. I really glad I found this site and thankyou guys for not getting Pissed off at all my posts.:cool:

3.0ghz is faster than the FX-55...intel processors really cant go that high on stock speeds. me thinks about p4 4.0-4.2 ghz would be equivalent to a 3.0ghz venice.

dhw200 said:
3.0ghz is faster than the FX-55...intel processors really cant go that high on stock speeds. me thinks about p4 4.0-4.2 ghz would be equivalent to a 3.0ghz venice.

Your far off, you need a non exitant cpu like a 5.0ghz to beat it out really

an intel can't beat a FX-55 (2.8ghz) in fps until reaching 5.5ghz i think

also, the best (and only) choice would be the DFI lanparty ultra-d

out of the box (only with good ram), it can reach a 1ghz OC easily (not sure if this can be done on stock voltage, but on g skill LA's, i wouldn't doubt it

AMD > intel anyday (coming from an amd fanboy that hasn't used anything but amd since the 200mhz days)

what ram are you gonna use?

once I get the money I was thinking about twinmos 1 GB which I heard was awsome that Nubius posted that 512 x2 pack 101 USD Or some OCZ 512

yea, if you're on a tight budget, then probably either the twinmos or 512 OCZ rev2's will be best

About the CPU, you should be able to get it to higher speeds easily on stock cooling and Vcore, maybe not a full Ghz but maybe .5 or .6 Ghz wit stock vcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom