Figuring Out Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayT

Baseband Member
I have 3 temperature sensors that I can monitor within SpeedFan. Only problem is, my second sensor I don't know if it's a case temperature, or a motherboard temperature. Is there such thing as motherboard temperature sensing?

The motherboard is an Asus A7V600-X. The first sensor is a CPU sensor, second is either motherboard or case sensor, and third is a HDD sensor.

Only reason I don't exactly know is because the second sensor reads 38°C and the CPU sensor reads 39°C both at Idle. It would seem those are a little too close to each other to be considered case temperature. Heres a screenshot, not sure if it matters but oh well.

This was the CPU under full load for about 10 minutes, the second sensor I have labeled right now as (Case) doesn't even budge!

Looks fine to me, cpu temp and case temp both affect each other hella lot. They can be that similar, Im guessing you have a nice room temp.

Hmm, well thanks. I've just never seen a case temp and CPU temp so closely related to each other.

Also, SpeedFan detects a fourth ISA bus sensor, which reads at -1°C. What the hell could possibly at -1°C in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom